Free Downloads allows you to mark some of your downloads as free. These downloads are shown on product page of product they are attached to and can be downloaded without purchase the product.
Supported OpenCart Versions
Always backup your files and database before installing any modification to prevent loosing your data!
- Choose directory corresponding to your OpenCart version
- Upload file install.php into root directory of your OpenCart e-shop.
- In your browser go to page http://<YOUR STORE URL>/install.php. If everything goes well you will see text message about successfull instalation.
Update OpenCart files. There are three ways to do this:
- upload file FreeDownloads.xml into vqmod xml directory
- copy files from directory changed to your OpenCart root directory via FTP client and let it overwrite existing files
- use this method only if you have not altered any of files listed below
alter files manually
- go through all files in directory changed and make corresponding changes in files of your OpenCart installation
- changes are described in FreeDownloads.xml
- use vQmod
Add texts into your language files
- extension comes with english language files only. Texts for any other language need to be added manually
If you use custom template, you have to alter its files manually
- extension can alter only default template, you have to make corresponding changes in you custom template
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: