Instant Search adds dynamic search results into your search boxes. In administration you can control which product fields will be searched - name (default), description, tags, model (+ sku, upc, ean, jan, isbn, mpn), what data will be displayed - name (default), model, description (reduced to requested length), image and price and dynamic results behaviour - number of results, maximal height, delay between last key press and result show, show/hide link to all results on the bottom of the list. Instant Search can be applied onto search box in header, search box on search results page or you can specify custom selectors.
Supported OpenCart Versions
|1.5.4||1.5.4.x, 1.5.5.x, 1.5.6.x|
Always backup your files and database before installing any modification to prevent loosing your data!
- Choose directory corresponding to your OpenCart version
Upload files from directory new into root directory of your OpenCart installation via FTP client
- no files will be overwritten unless you have installed extension with the same filename
Update OpenCart files. There are two ways to do this:
- upload file InstantSearch.xml into vqmod xml directory
alter files manually
- go through all changed described in InstantSearch.xml and make corresponding changes in files of your OpenCart installation
- use vQmod
Add texts into your language files
- extension comes with czech and english language files only. Phrases for any other language need to be added manually
If you use custom template, you have to alter its files manually
- extension should be able to modify most of templates, but if your template is specific, you have to make corresponding changes in you custom template
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: