Watchdog Extended allows your customers to sign up for product availability notification if the product is out of stock. If product is out of stock, customer can submit his e-mail address (or just click button, if he is logged in) and an e-mail message will be send to him when product quantity will be greater then minimum purchase quantity or stock status will be changed. After notification customer will be automatically unsubscribed from watchdog. Additionally, if product is out of stock and you have not allowed stock checkout, customer will not be able to add the product into his shopping cart. Comes with basic HTML e-mail template.
Improvements over Watchdog Standard
- you can set several stock statuses in which products are allowed to purchase when you have allowed stock checkout
- you can set several stock statuses which mean products are really in stock
- notification email about change in product availability are in customer's language
- report of watchdog subscriptions
Supported OpenCart Versions
1.5.4.x, 188.8.131.52, 1.5.6.x
Always backup your files and database before installing any modification to prevent loosing your data!
- Choose directory corresponding to your OpenCart version
If you have already installed Watchdog Standard:
- Upload file upgrade.php into root directory of your OpenCart e-shop.
- In your browser go to page http://<YOUR STORE URL>/upgrade.php. If everything goes well you will see text message about successfull upgrade.
- If you use vQmod, remove WatchdogStandard.xml from vqmod xml directory
If you have not installed Watchdog Standard yet:
- Upload file install.php into root directory of your OpenCart e-shop.
- In your browser go to page http://<YOUR STORE URL>/install.php. If everything goes well you will see text message about successfull instalation.
Upload files from directory new into root directory of your OpenCart installation via FTP client
- no files will be overwritten unless you have installed extension with the same filename
Update OpenCart files. There are three ways to do this:
- upload file WatchdogExtended.xml into vqmod xml directory
- copy files from directory changed to your OpenCart root directory via FTP client and let it overwrite existing files
- use this method only if you have not altered any of files listed below
alter files manually
- go through all files in directory changed and make corresponding changes in files of your OpenCart installation
- added, changed or deleted files are marked with text // WATCHDOG_EXTENDED
- if you have already installed Watchod Standard, some changes have already been made, don't duplicate them
- use vQmod
Add texts into your language files
- extension comes with english language files only. Texts for any other language need to be added manually
Alter HTML e-mail template to match your store design
- not required, but recommended
- not neccessary if you have already installed Watchdog Standard
- catalog/controller/checkout/address (< 1.5.2)
- catalog/controller/checkout/payment.php (< 1.5.2)
- catalog/controller/checkout/payment_address.php (> 1.5.2)
- catalog/controller/checkout/payment_method.php (> 1.5.2)
- catalog/controller/checkout/shipping.php (< 1.5.2)
- catalog/controller/checkout/shipping_address.php (> 1.5.2)
- catalog/controller/checkout/shipping_method.php (> 1.5.2)
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: